CRISPY BAKED BUFFALO WINGS
- 3 lbs chicken wings (This will provide around 36 pieces, both ‘flats’ and ‘drummies’. If you buy the wings frozen, thaw them in the fridge the day before using – then drain and pat them dry.)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (do NOT use baking soda)
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter or ghee (if you need this to be dairy-free, substitute coconut oil)
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (if you don’t want the heat, omit – or increase for the burn-lovers)
- Preheat the oven to 250℉. Line a baking sheet with foil, then place a baking/cooling rack on the sheet and set aside.
- Place the raw wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with the baking powder and salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken on your baking/cooking rack so that none of the pieces are touching one another.
- Place in the oven and cook at 250℉ for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes is up, raise the oven temperature to 425℉. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Rotate the pan after the 20 minutes, then cook 20 more minutes – or until the chicken is crispy and lightly browned.
- While the chicken bakes, make your sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the ghee, hot pepper sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper over medium heat. Once the ghee or butter is melted, whisk to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces in a shallow container (such as a 9×13-inch pan) and drizzle with half of the Buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve remaining sauce to use as a tasty wing dip.
What is an easy party food both kids and adults will like?
BACON CHEESEBURGER BISCUIT BITES WITH PUB SAUCE
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 3 Tbsp tomato juice
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup chopped cooked bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (6-oz) cans refrigerated biscuits (20 total biscuits)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into two layers, making 40 total biscuit layers. Press one layer of biscuit on the bottom and up the sides of each cup of the mini muffin pan. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Gently mix uncooked ground beef, tomato juice, egg, bacon, and cheese until well blended. Shape into 40 balls of equal size.
- Place hamburger ball into each biscuit cup.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- To make Pub Sauce, whisk together all ingredients and serve with Bacon Cheeseburger Biscuit Bites.
What is a delicious and satisfying low-carb or keto appetizer everyone will love?
KETO HAM AND CHEESE ROLLS
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 ounces deli ham (don't opt for honey ham, as it does have a few carbs)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced green onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix in the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined, add a beaten egg white and stir well.
- Using your hands, work the dough to ensure the egg white is completely combined into the dough (no streaks of egg white should be visible.) If the dough seems too wet, add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top of the dough, and use a rolling pin to press dough into a thin rectangle. (If you don't have silicone baking sheets, you can use parchment or waxed paper instead.)
- Layer the deli ham slices and shredded cheese over the dough and tightly roll.
- Slice across the roll into 13 segments (not too thin) to form pinwheels.
- Combine all of the Special Sauce ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the ham and cheese rolls.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
And…may the best team win!